Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India launches the new Honda Gold Wing BS6 at Rs 37.20 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The 2021 Gold Wing arrives in a single fully-loaded Tour variant.
Variants & Pricing
- Tour Manual: Rs 37.20 lakh
- Tour DCT: Rs 39.16 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The motorcycle can be booked online via the brand’s website across the country. Deliveries will begin from July 2021.
The Honda Gold Wing BS6 comes as Completely Built-Up units (CBU). The cruiser motorcycle is sold at the brand’s premium Big Wing dealerships in the country.
- Pearl Glare White
- Gunmetal Black Metallic/ Mat Morion Black
2021 Honda Gold Wing Updates
The 2021 Model Year of the motorcycle has not drastically changed over the previous model of the Gold Wing. However, there are a few changes to the new cruiser motorcycle.
- 45-watt new speakers for better audio quality
- Top-Box feature additional 11-litres of storage
- Redesigned pillion seat with thicker foam
- Suede seat cover
The Honda Gold Wing is one of the most iconic motorcycles available across the globe. The stand out feature on the bike is the long-wheelbase of the motorcycle (1695mm). It also recognized by its disctictive front-end styling with the dual-pod headlamps.
The fairing on the motorcycle channels airflow around the rider and pillion giving it an aerodynamic design. Exhausts on either side extend along the length of the motorcycle. At the rear, it features LED taillamps, pannier boxes on both sides with a top box.
Features, Technology & Storage
The new Gold Wing features a semi-digital instrument cluster with a 7.0-inch TFT display. It is one of the few motorcycles to feature Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The media screen is flanked on either side by analogue dials and three other small screens to offer a host of information to the rider.
- 121-litres storage space
- Electrically-adjustable windscreen
- Reverse Gear
- Honda Smartphone Voice Control System
- Smart Key
- LED fog lamps
- Cruise control
- USB Type-C ports
- On-board navigation with a gyrocompass
- Passenger audio control switch
- 21.1-litre fuel tank
Engine & Transmission
The Honda Gold Wing continues to be powered by a flat-six liquid-cooled 1833cc engine paired to either a six-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT automatic transmission.
- Max power: 125bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 170Nm @ 4,500rpm
Frame, Suspension & Brakes
- Front: double-wishbone unit
- Rear: mono-shock Prolink unit at the rear (electronically adjustable for pre-load)
- Front: 320mm disc brakes with 6-piston floating callipers
- Rear: single 316mm disc brake with a 3-piston calliper
Wheels & Tyres:
- Front: 18-inch wheels shod with 130/70 section tyre
- Rear: 18-inch wheels shod with 200/55 section tyre
The motorcycle features heavy-duty braking because of its 385kg kerb weight.
Safety Features & Electronic Rider Aids
Honda has given the Gold Wing a plethora of safety features to help rider manage large motorcycle. This includes:
- Four ride modes: Tour, Sport, Econ & Rain
- Tank-mounted airbag
- Hill Start Assist
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
Thoughts About The 2021 Honda Gold Wing BS6 Launched In India
Honda has brought its flagship motorcycle to the Indian market in its BS6 avatar. The Honda Gold Wing is one of the few Japanese-made motorcycles that is accepted by the premium cruiser community across the globe. The Honda Gold Wing rivals the Indian Springfield Dark Horse, Harley Davidson Street Glide and other cruisers in India.