Audi Australia has revealed a new entry-level variant for the Q5 mid-sized SUV in the form of the 35 TDI Limited Edition, as well as two other limited edition models.
Audi Australia says the limited edition models are available to order now and are arriving in dealers imminently.
Pricing for these models starts at $68,350 before on-road costs for the Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition and extends to $79,400 before on-road costs for the Q5 45 TFSI Sport Limited Edition.
This new starting price for the Q5 undercuts the former entry-level Q5 40 TDI by $4350.
Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition
New to the Q5 range locally is the 35 TDI 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine with 12V mild-hybrid technology, which produces 120kW of power and 370Nm of torque.
For context, this is a detuned version of the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine used in the Q5 40 TDI that produces 150kW and 400Nm.
Like the 40 TDI it’s mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, however it sends drive to the front wheels only, which marks a first for the Q5 in Australia. All other Q5 models have a quattro all-wheel drive system.
Audi claims the Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition can do the 0-100km/h sprint in 9.0 seconds, which is 1.4 seconds slower than Q5 40 TDI.
It also has a 70L diesel fuel tank and a claimed fuel economy of 4.8L/100km, which is good for a theoretical range of over 1400km, according to Audi. The engine’s also Euro 6d-compliant and has idle start-stop technology.
This new 35 TDI powertrain is expected to “occupy a permanent position in the Q5 range,” according to Audi Australia general manager of marketing Nick Reid.
The Audi Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition has very similar specification as the Q5 40 TDI, but misses out on the 12.3-inch Audi virtual cockpit plus and has a number of different style changes.
Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition
The Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition comes with the following standard equipment:
- 20-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- LED headlights with cornering lights and auto high-beam
- LED daytime running lights
- LED tail lights
- Powered tailgate with gesture control
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Heated windscreen washer jets
- Aluminium roof rails
- 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 7.0-inch colour digital instrument cluster
- Satellite navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Keyless entry and start
- Leather-appointed upholstery
- Electric front seats with heating and four-way lumbar support
- Colour ambient interior lighting
- Three-zone climate control
- Auto-dimming frameless rear-view mirror
- Front and rear floor mats
- Front seat backrest nets
- Lockable glovebox
- Rear centre armrest cup holders
- Luggage compartment net and tensioning strap
- Selectable drive modes
- Hill descent control
On the safety front the Q5 35 TDI comes with the following safety equipment:
- Eight airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian detection
- Rear cross-traffic alert*
- Rear-end collision detection*
- Lane-keep assist
- Blind-spot warning*
- Exit warning*
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
Features with an ‘*’ next to it are currently unavailable due to component shortages.
An optional Assistance package is available on the Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition, but standard on the Q5 40 TDI and 45 TFSI Sport Limited Edition models, and includes the following:
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Heated, folding and auto-dimming exterior mirrors
- Surround-view camera
The two Sport Limited Edition models – the Q5 40 TDI Sport Limited Edition and the Q5 45 TFSI Sport Limited Edition – are based on their Sport siblings but miss out on equipment such as a panoramic sunroof and a wireless phone charger.
On top of the Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition, the Q5 Sport Limited Edition models have a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and privacy glass as standard, and can be optioned with 21-inch alloy wheels for $1625 including Luxury Car Tax (LCT).
The standard wheels are the same 20-inch ones used by the 35 TDI Limited Edition.
The Sport Limited Editions are $1100 and $1400 cheaper that their respective Q5 Sport counterparts, with the Q5 40 TDI Sport Limited priced at $77,600 before on-road costs and the Q5 45 TFSI Sport Limited priced at $79,400 before on-road costs.
The latter is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with a 12V mild-hybrid system and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Outputs are 183kW and 370Nm, with a 0-100km/h time of 6.3 seconds.
Like all new Audi vehicles delivered from January 1, 2022, the limited edition Q5s come with a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. Audi also provides a 12-year manufacturer warranty for the bodywork corrosion.
There’s a five-year service plan that can be purchased for the Q5 range which is priced at $3140.
- 2022 Audi Q5 35 TDI Limited Edition: $68,350
- 2022 Audi Q5 40 TDI Sport Limited Edition: $77,600
- 2022 Audi Q5 45 TFSI Sport Limited Edition: $79,400
All prices exclude on-road costs.