The Windows operating system is regularly updated and introduces new features. One of Windows’ more recent features is the “news and interests” widget, which appears on the taskbar.
Users who have upgraded their computer may be perplexed to see a weather widget appear in the taskbar. If you are not sure how to remove weather from taskbar, we tutor you on how to in this article.
There is a weather widget on the bottom left of the taskbar in Windows 11. It displays real-time weather conditions in your neighborhood when connected to the Internet. The default Windows widget icon will be shown if there is no Internet connection.
1 The Weather Guy… But on your Computer
2 Remove Weather From Taskbar On Windows 11
3 How to Remove the Weather Widget from the Windows 10 Taskbar
The Weather Guy… But on your Computer
The latest Windows edition has some better modifications that may be utilized to make them more useful to your preferences. One example is the Weather app. Windows’s News and Interests widget allows users to rapidly view weather and news in selected categories.
You may display text, an icon, or both in the Windows Taskbar. Users may customize the widget by following certain themes for a more personalized news feed.
If you believe the weather widget is clogging up your taskbar, you may deactivate it under the Taskbar settings. You may also disable the weather widget option in Windows 11 by using the Group Policy Editor and Registry Editor. This section explains how to remove the weather widget from your PC.
Remove Weather From Taskbar On Windows 11
Let us begin with the techniques for removing the Weather widget from the Windows 11 Taskbar. Here are several approaches.
- Hide the Weather Widget from the Settings menuUsing Command Prompt, remove the weatherUsing the Registry Editor, remove the Weather WidgetGetting Rid of the Weather using the Widget Panel
See also Status_Access_Violation Errors: 7 Simple and Best Fixes
1. Hide the Weather Widget from the Settings menu
The simplest way of concealing the weather widget is deactivating the widget item in the Taskbar settings. As you might expect, doing so will disable the widget feature entirely, preventing you from using additional widgets.
To disable the weather widget in Windows Settings, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings panel by pressing Win + I.Then, in the left pane, select the Personalization tab.Scroll down and click on the Taskbar in the right pane.Toggle the Switch for Widget Off under Taskbar Items.
That is all. The widget item will now be removed from your taskbar, as will the weather widget. You may also enable and disable the widget app from the taskbar.
2. Using Command Prompt, remove the weather
Using the Command Prompt, you may uninstall the widget from your Windows 11 PC.
Find Command Prompt and launch it as administrator.
Now run the following command: Winget uninstall “windows web experience pack.”
It will begin performing the command, and after you see the word “successfully uninstalled” in the command prompt window, you may restart your computer.
3. Using the Registry Editor, remove the Weather Widget
If you wish to prevent people from enabling the weather widget on your PC, you may disable it permanently in the Windows registry. This will make the Widget option in Windows Settings grayed out, making it impossible for anyone to switch it on or off.
It should be noted that changing registry entries is risky. Before continuing with the methods below, make a restore point.
Using Registry Editor, delete the weather widget:
- Open Run by pressing Win + R.To open the Registry Editor, type
regeditand press OK.Navigate to the following place in the Registry Editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftSelect New > Key from the context menu when you right-click the Microsoft key. Dsh is the new term for the key.Choose the new Dsh key. Select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the context menu.‘AllowNewsAndInterests’ should be renamed.Modify the AllowNewsAndInterests value by right-clicking on it.Enter 0 in the Value data field to save the changes and click OK.Restart your computer after closing the Registry Editor. The weather widget will no longer show after restarting the computer. In addition, the Widget option is grayed out when you go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
See also 9 Easy Ways Of Taking A Screenshot On Surface Laptops And Tablets
Note: Open Registry Editor and erase the Dsh key found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Policies >> Microsoft >> to restore the Widget option.
4. Getting Rid of the Weather using the Widgets Panel
Windows 11 includes a widget panel, which may be used to delete the Weather widget. The steps are as follows:
- Launch the Widget panel by hitting the Win + W keyboard shortcut.Click on the three dots of the weather widget card in the widget panel.Now, select the Remove widget option from the list.
How to Remove the Weather Widget from the Windows 10 Taskbar
Let us move on to the Windows 10 operating system. Many want to remove the Weather widget from their Windows 10 PC.
- Utilizing the Widget PanelMaking Use of Group Policy EditorMaking Use of Registry EditorFrom the Taskbar
1. Utilizing the Widget Panel
You may delete the Weather widget from the Widget panel in Windows 10.
By clicking on the News and Weather widget on the Taskbar, you may access it.
Select the Hide Card option from the widget cards by clicking on the three-dot button of the Weather card.
2. Making Use of Group Policy Editor
Here’s how to use the Windows Group Policy Editor to deactivate the weather widget in Windows 10.
- Open the Group Policy Editor by searching for it.Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component > News and Interests in the Local Group Policy Editor box.Now, right-click the Enable News and Interests on the Taskbar and choose Disable.Apply the modifications and restart your computer.
3. Making Use of Registry Editor
The Windows Registry Editor has several functions, one of which is to stop the weather display. This is how it is done.
- You may access the Run dialogue box by hitting Win + R on the keyboard.Enter
regeditand hit OK to launch the Registry Editor on your computer.Navigate to the following path in the Registry Editor window:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionFeedsYou may copy and paste the path into the Registry editing window’s address bar.Double-click ShellFeedsTaskbarViewMode and change the Data value to 2.Click OK to restart your computer.
See also TPM Device Is Not Detected: Why And 9 Best Fixes
4. From the Taskbar
By right-clicking on the Weather widget in Windows 10, you may remove it from the Taskbar. Here is the complete procedure.
- To open the list of choices, right-click on the Taskbar.Select News and interests from the menu.Select the Turn off option from the next list of options to disable the News and Interests widget, which will also disable the Weather widgets.
This concludes our how-to tutorial, and we hope you can use your Windows PC more comfortably by removing the weather widget. Removing the Weather Widget in Windows 10 was much easier than in Windows 11 since, in Windows 10, you can deactivate widgets individually. Still, in Windows 11, a singular widget toggle disables all widgets, including the Weather one.
Why Is The Weather Showing On My Taskbar?
The weather forecast or weather widget (formally termed News and Interests) in Windows 10 is one of Microsoft’s newest enhancements to Windows 10 to keep users up to speed on the latest news, events, weather updates, and so on.
How Do I Permanently Remove The Weather From The Taskbar In Windows 10?
Right-click on your system’s Taskbar and select News and Interests.
The widget will be deleted from your taskbar when you pick Turn off from the sub-menu. Turn off News and Interests on your system’s Taskbar.
How Do I Get Rid Of The Weather Icon On My Taskbar?
1. Open the list of choices by right-clicking on the Taskbar.2. Select News and interests from the menu.
3. Select the Turn off option from the next list of options to disable the News and Interests widget, which will also disable the Weather widgets.
How Do I Remove Widgets From My Taskbar In Windows 11?
Select Settings from the Start menu. When the Settings window opens, select Personalization from the list on the left. Select the Taskbar option on the right. Expand the Taskbar Item area and deactivate the Widgets switch.