Aeterna Noctis Epic Games Store
Aeternum Game Studios launched a new update for the side-scrolling action platformer Aeterna Noctis not long ago. Patch v1.1.000 is an interesting one because it brings plenty of accessibility options and combat improvements.
Players who love using the sword and scythe in Aeterna Noctis will be stoked to find that a new combat assist system is implemented. This system aims to improve the attack rate of both weapons, allowing players to swing them faster than before.
Additionally, the jump assist window time is increased by 50%. This change is to help improve the reaction time of the King of Darkness after falling from a platform.
In terms of improvements, the Guardian Angel skill node has been redesigned where the King of Darkness is revived and healed back to full health after being defeated. However, this does not work when the protagonist is killed by traps or spikes.
Here are the other significant changes in Patch v1.1.000:
- Improved collision calculation for sword and scythe attacks
- Improved the ground jump assist window to prevent it from consuming the double jump if the King is too close to a platform
- A new assistance system has been included to improve the calculation of side collisions when hitting platforms
- Balanced the life of some Bosses in “Aeterna” Mode
- Balanced the health of the four doomsday dragons from 1,200 to 800 health
- Slugs will now not explode instantly if the damage they take exceeds 100% of their health
- The cost of the following weapons has been adjusted:
- Ax: 30 > 20 blood points
- Spear: 30 > 20 blood points
- Katana Slash: 35 > 20 blood points
- Katana Feint: 35 > 25 blood points
- The damage done by the blood arrow has been doubled
- The effect of the “Time Sapphire” gem has been improved, including a reduction in the fall speed of the King of Darkness for the duration of its effect.
- “Light Alloy” gem effect increased from 5% to 10% critical chance
- Increased the effect of the “Minor Enhancer” gem from 20% to 35% critical damage
- “Imperator” gem effect increased from 50% to 100%
- Increased the effect of the “Sagittarius Eye” gem from 50% to 100%
- The effect of the initial 6 nodes has been doubled to adjust the player’s progress more correctly to the difficulty curve
- The effect of the “Combat Charge” node has been improved from 1 to 2 seconds and from 20% to 30% damage
- “On the Verge of Death” node effect increased from 20% to 50% damage
- “Iron Health” node effect increased from 20% to 30% damage
- Improved the effect of the “Quick Arrow” node by removing the 1 second effect duration time, now the next shot after a fast recovery will have no ammo cost
The full patch notes can be found here.
Aeterna Noctis Patch v1.1.000 is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.