Valkyrie has seen nerfs to VTOL Jets, Missile Swarm and Skyward Dive. Kill RP from eliminations in Ranked play also doesn't give diminishing returns.
Respawn Entertainment has released patch notes for Apex Legends Season 14: Hunted, unveiling the different balance changes. The first thing to note is that Ranked Play now has a +5 entry cost. The diminishing returns on Kill RP from eliminations are also gone.
Laser Sights have been added as a new attachment for SMGs and Pistols, replacing barrels and reducing hip-fire spread. The G7 Scout and Volt SMG can now be found on the floor while the Bocek Compound Bow and Rampage LMG are in crates. For crafting, the Wingman and CAR SMG are back on the floor with the Devotion LMG and RE-45 + Hammerpoint are available in the crafter.
It’s a sad day for Valkyrie mains as VTOL Jets have eight percent decreased acceleration and 33 percent increased fuel consumption on activation. Aerial boosting and strafing receive a 20 percent debuff when under any slowing effects. Missile Swarm’s slowing effect on aiming/turning has also been removed while the explosion radius is reduced from 175 to 125.
If that weren’t enough, the height achieved by Skyward Dive has been reduced by 25 percent while launch time is reduced from 5.5 to five seconds. Check out some of the patch notes below and the full notes here. You can also watch the latest trailer, showcasing all of the new cosmetics included in the Battle Pass, here.
Apex Legends: Hunted Patch Notes
14.0 Ranked Changes
- Entry Cost: +5 to all.
- Kill RP: Removed diminishing returns on eliminations .
- Rank Reset: No change. Resuming ranked reset of 6 divisions.
- New attachment to replace barrels for SMGs and Pistols.
- Reduced hipfire spread.
- G7 Scout returns to the floor.
- Volt SMG returns to the floor.
- Bocek Compound Bow enters the crate.
- Rampage LMG enters the crate.
- Wingman returns to the floor.
- CAR SMG returns to the floor.
- Devotion LMG enters the crafter.
- RE-45 + Hammerpoint combo enters the crafter.
Gold Weapon Rotation
- Longbow DMR, G7 Scout, Mozambique, R-99, Hemlok
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Base hipfire spread increased.
- Recoil improvements.
- Now takes stocks.
- Removed 1 pellet from blast pattern.
- Fire rate increased to 2.3 from 2.0.
- Pellet damage increased to 7 from 6.
- Bolt rate of fire bonuses increased. – White: 1.1 to 1.1. – Blue: 1.15 to 1.2.
– Purple: 1.2 to 1.3.
Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage at full draw increased to 70 from 60.
- Tempo draw speed increased to 0.38 from 0.32.
- Shattercaps pellet damage increased to 12 from 11.
- Fired arrows can no longer be collected.
- Arrows spawns have been removed from the floor.
- Damage increased to 28 from 26.
- Rampage comes with a Thermite Grenade.
- Damage reduced to 15 from 17.
- No longer takes barrel attachments.
- Damage reduced to 34 from 36.
- Headshot multiplier reduced to 1.75 from 2.0.
- Double Tap hop-up burst fire delay increased to 0.4 from 0.375.
- Increased projectile speed.
- Increased number of shots before overheat at base to 24 from 20.
- Removed bright red flash when hitting non-armored targets.
- Increased ironsight FOV to 70 to be consistent with other pistols.
- Increased strafe speed by 5% to be consistent with other pistols.
- Wingman now uses sniper ammo and magazines.
- Sniper ammo inventory stack increased to 28 from 24.
- Sniper ammo boxes now contain 14 rounds instead of 12.
- Recoil adjustments to increase vertical barrel climb.
- Spitfire now uses light ammo and magazines.
- Dual Loader has been worked into the base 30-30 Repeater.
- Now takes Skullpiercer Rifling.
- Projectile growth reduced.
- Base fire rate reduced to 1.1 from 1.2.
- Dual Loader removed.
- Deadeye’s Tempo has been worked into the base Sentinel.
- Adds burst fire mode to EVA-8 and G7 Scout.
- 35% headshot damage increase on Longbow, Wingman and 30-30 Repeater.
- Removed Deadeye’s Tempo & Shatter Caps from floor loot.
- Boosted Loader has been reduced to Epic quality from Legendary.
Backpack Gold Perk
- New Perk: Deep Pockets.
- Deep Pockets: Large medical supplies stacks higher in your inventory.
- Batteries and Medkits now stack to 3 in inventory.
- Phoenix Kits now stack to 2 in inventory.
Knockdown Shield Gold Perk
- New Perk: Guardian Angel (Previous Backpack Perk).
- Self Revive removed from the game.
- Reduced stick damage on armor to 10 from 40.
- Remove aim slow on stick, remains on detonation.
- Detonation damage increased to 75 from 70.
- Added Blue attachments to possible spawns.
- Added Laser Sights to the pool.
- Reduced spawn rate of gold magazines.
- Acceleration on activation decreased by about 8%.
- Fuel consumption on activation increased by 33%.
- Aerial boosting & strafing take a 20% debuff when hit by slowing effects.
- Added a third orange state to the fuel meter UI between green (>60%) and red (<30%).
- Aim/turn slow removed.
- Move slow duration decreased from 2.5s -> 2.0s.
- Reducing the explosion radius from 175 -> 125.
- Height reduction of 25%.
- Launch time reduced from 5.5s -> 5.0s. Coupled with the height reduction, players in Valk ult now travel upward at a slightly slower speed.