- Don’t know how to uninstall Apple Software Update on Windows 10? Repairing Apple Software Update can make a huge difference.
- Other tricks include activating the Administrator Account or using a third-party uninstaller.
- Visit this list of great uninstaller software tools to find similar choices for newbies and professionals alike.
- Check out this Windows 10 Errors Hub whenever you need to solve any sort of errors and bugs.
Apple Software Update is a program that updates Apple software in Windows 10, but not everybody needs it.
However, Apple Software Update doesn’t always uninstall. Some users have stated in forum posts that an error message pops up when they try to uninstall ASU.
That error message states: There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run.
This is how you can uninstall Apple Software Update when that error message pops up in Windows 10.
How to uninstall Apple Software on Windows 10 after Creator Updates?
- Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Activate the Built-in Administrator Account
- Repair Apple Software Update
- Remove Apple Software Update With CopyTrans Driver Installer
- Uninstall Apple Software Update
1. Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Open this Microsoft webpage in your browser, and press the Download button there.
- Next, open your download folder in File Explorer.
- Click MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab to open its window below.
- Press the troubleshooter’s Next button.
- Select Uninstalling to fix a program that doesn’t uninstall.
- Then, select Apple Software Update on the program list, and click the Next button.
- Select the Yes, try uninstall option to remove ASU.
- If the Yes, try uninstall option doesn’t do the trick, select the try other fixes option.
First, check out the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter for Windows 10. That troubleshooter fixes corrupted registry keys that can block software from uninstalling.
You can utilize the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter in Windows 10 as described above.
2. Activate the Built-in Administrator Account
- Press the Type here to search button on the Windows 10 taskbar to open Cortana.
- Enter Command Prompt in the search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt to select the Run as administrator option.
- Input net user in the Command Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Then input this command in the Prompt: net user administrator /active:yes. Don’t forget to press the Enter key after entering the command.
- Then restart Windows and sign in with the new admin account you activated.
You can’t always remove all programs within a standard Windows 10 user account.
Thus, switching to an admin account will ensure you have sufficient access rights to uninstall all programs, including Apple Software Update.
Windows 10 includes a built-in admin account that you can activate as presented above.
3. Repair Apple Software Update
- Open Run by pressing its Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input appwiz.cpl in Run, and press its OK button.
- Enter the keyword Apple Software Update in the search box as shown below.
- Then select Apple Software Update, and press its Repair button.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall to remove the Apple Software Update.
The Programs and Features Control Panel applet includes a Repair option for the Apple Software Update.
o, that option might fix ASU so that you can uninstall it. You can repair Apple Software Update with the help of the above procedure.
4. Remove Apple Software Update with CopyTrans Driver Installer
- Download CopyTrans Driver Installer.
- Open the CopyTrans Driver ZIP in File Explorer, and press the Extract all button.
- Click the Browse button to select a path to extract the ZIP file.
- Press the Extract button.
- Open CopyTrans Driver Installer from its extracted folder.
- Then press the Uninstall button.
- Note that CopyTrans will also uninstall the other Apple programs listed on its window if you’ve installed them. So, you might need to reinstall some Apple software after uninstalling ASU.
CopyTrans Driver Installer is another utility that you can remove Apple software with. The program is actually designed to install iPhone, iPod, and iPad drivers.
However, you can also utilize it to completely uninstall Apple Software Update. You can uninstall ASU with CopyTrans Driver Installer as described above.
5. Uninstall Apple Software Update with a third party app
Those are a few resolutions that will probably fix Apple Software Update so that you can uninstall it as required.
There are numerous third-party uninstallers for Windows that uninstall software and their leftovers.
You may even remove browsers extensions and remove remnants of previously uninstalled programs, so make sure to consider it for removing any residues from your PC.
Some of these great third-party uninstallers might also remove ASU when the Windows 10 remover fails to do so.