Bungie dropped a mountain of sandbox changes leading up to the release of Season 18 in Destiny 2. Here’s a rundown of all the weapon and Perk buffs and changes.
All Destiny 2 Season 18 Weapon Buffs (August 11 TWAB)
- Increased damage of all scout rifles vs Minor enemies (red bars) in PvE by 10%.
High-Impact (360RPM) Auto Rifles
- Increased base stability stat of all non-sunset High-Impact Auto Rifles by 6-12, depending on the weapon.
- Reduced base draw time by 5% (from 612ms to 580ms).
- Increased the “perfect draw” window.
- From .30s to .50s on the low end.
- From .55s to .80s on the high end.
- Fixed Dire Promise’s zoom state from 13 to 14.
- Glaive melee attacks can now activate the Exotic armor perks on ACD/0 Feedback Fence, Karnstein Armlets, and Nectroic Grip.
Breech Grenade Launchers
- Concussion grenades can no longer roll in the magazine slot (blinding grenades are a better option in the same slot that serves the same purpose).
Heavy Grenade Launchers
- Increased damage vs Majors and above by ~10% (excluding Parasite).
All Destiny 2 Season 18 Perk Changes (August 11 TWAB)
Gambit Origin Trait
- Renamed Gun and Run.
- Redesigned functionality to give a sprint speed increase on multi-kills.
Iron Banner Origin Trait
- Redesigned to activate on kills while at low health.
- Increased magazine overflow from 10% to 20% per kill on Primary weapons only.
- Increased overflow cap from 50% to 150%.
- Cooldown has been removed, allowing for Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers to return more ability energy when defeating groups with a single shot.
- Disabled audio/visual feedback on perk activation as it was triggering frequently enough to be annoying.
Lead from Gold
- Now gives the correct amount of ammo to each weapon when two Special weapons are equipped.
- Fixed a bug where it was applying a charge time reduction to Linear fusion rifles. It will correctly only refill the magazine from reserves when it triggers on these weapons.
Zen Moment / Particle Repeater
- The description has been updated to say what it actually does.
Destiny 2 Season 18 Exotic Adjustments
- Added intrinsic Overload to Poison Arrows.
- Added intrinsic Overload.
- Added intrinsic Unstoppable to explosions.
- Added +25 to the base airborne effectiveness stat (28 to 53) to match other precision Hand Cannon’s intrinsic bonus.
- Added intrinsic Anti-Barrier.
- Increased number of hits vs most targets from two to three (more hits against vehicles, still two against players).
- Increased damage vs Champions, majors, and minibosses by 10%.
- Draw time decreased from 828ms to 820ms.
- Draw time decreased from 612 to 580.
Legend of Acrius
- Catalyst now grants the Trench Barrel perk in addition to its other effects.
- Different versions of the Exotic Paired Legendary Weapons didn’t have matching stats, so they have been brought up to parity.
- Increased airborne effectiveness from 23 to 28 to match MIDA Mini-Tool.
- Increased zoom from 13 to 14 to match Calus Mini-Tool.
- Increased airborne effectiveness from 21 to 23 to match standard Drang.
- Increased airborne effectiveness from 27 to 32.
- Season 17 5% damage buff was rolled back as part of a fix for a large bug. This is being reintroduced and increased to 8%.
- Increased the grace time for the instant reload effect of Thin the Herd from five to six seconds.
Lord of Wolves
- Decreased starting ammo in PvP from 15 to 10.
- Reduced the burst size from 10 to five shots when Release the Wolves is active.
- Reduced the burst delay by 60% when Release the Wolves is active.
- Decreased Lord of Wolves base damage by ~20% (now deals 35 per shot to the body in PvP, 44 with Release the Wolves active).
- Increased damage in PvE by 20% to compensate.
Dead Man’s Tale
- Cranial Spike no longer buffs damage vs players, instead it grants increased reload, aim assist, and range per stack.
- It still grants additional damage against PvE combatants.
- Upon reaching max stacks of Cranial Spike, the catalyst will now increase hip-fire RPM by 50. but will deal reduced damage per bullet (20% decrease).
- Increased Void Leech timer to 15 seconds in PvE activities.
- PvP remains at 10 seconds.
- Removed the cooldown.
- Added a 0% damage bonus against PvE combatants only while Void Leech is active.
- Takes less hits to fully charge Void Leech.
- Void Leech is also instantly charged when your character is affected by Void debuffs.
- Doesn’t work if hitting yourself with your own Suppressor Grenade.
- Fixed a bug where Umbral Sustenance was activating with non-Void overshields.
For more Destiny 2 goodies, check out Can you get Touch of Malice in Destiny 2? on Pro Game Guides.