Door Kickers 2: Task Force North KillHouse Games
Door Kickers 2: Task Force North is a top-down strategy and tactics game set in the fictional country of Nowheraki, Middle East. You can choose which unit to deploy on any mission, with the United States Army Rangers being the initial deployment option. While the terrorists can use deadly threats and technologies to keep you at bay, you’ll have access to killer weaponry, drones, night-vision goggles, and wall breaching charges to help you move forward and complete the objective.
Anyway, the latest update for Task Force North brings compatibility improvements with Steam Deck. First, the developers added a custom controller configuration so that you can map the keys to whichever buttons you want. Second, touch input has been fixed and should work properly now. Third, the issue where the virtual keyboard does not show up on Steam Deck has been resolved. And lastly, a larger zoom-in is now possible on Valve’s portable gaming console.
Some QoL features have also been added. Hostages now run to rescue zones automatically when they’re close enough. The devs added rebindable keys as well. It is worth noting that even though you’re now able to rebind keys in Door Kickers 2: Task Force North, this is still a work in progress, so you may still experience bugs with the feature.
- Suicide bombs detonate when the owner is killed by explosives
- Fixed not being able to re-conceal after escorting a hostage to the rescue zone
- Fixed civilians hiding in forbidden areas
- Fixed enemies going to take cover in fires
- Surrendering enemies now crouch
- Enemy SR3M is now (properly) AP vs level III protection
- Enemy FALs have increased crit but no longer shoot AP ammo
- Nerfed sapper armor slightly
- Buffed 7.62×39 weapons slightly
- Tweaks, improvements, and fixes for several missions
- Reduced stutters when playing back replays
- Tweaks to foreign advisors, Emir, and suicide bombers
- Tweaks to SWAT Leader M4/M203 – and added Suppressed option
- The SWAT Leader AK47M SF Carbine now has a proper 3d model
- Fixed accuracy issues with projectile launchers (was different from the preview)
- Fixed crash that would happen when loading maps on some hardware configurations
- Fixed coop replays not being recorded properly in some situations
- Fixed a few animation glitches when arresting enemies
- Fixed enemies reacting to non-deployed troopers
- Fixed issue with some optics not being placed properly on the firearm
- Fixed a bug with the order of execution of waypoints
- Fixed savegame files sometimes becoming read-only and no longer being able to save
- Fixed a bug where trooper won’t advance after placing a wall charge
- Fixed hostages being stuck inside of collisions
Door Kickers 2: Task Force North May 9 Update is available on PC.