Today is the Heading to Hoenn Mega Raid Day event in Pokémon GO. There will be more Mega Evolutions unlocked in the game than we’ve gotten in most entire Seasons. We are getting Mega Raids featuring Mega Sceptile, Mega Blaziken, and Mega Swampert, which is all three Hoenn Starter Mega Evolutions in one fell swoop. That’s one hell of a way to kick off the Season of Mythical Wishes. Let’s get into the details of this intense Raid Day and be sure to stay tuned to Bleeding Cool today for Raid Guides.
Pokémon GO: Heading to Hoenn graphic. Credit: Niantic
Here are the full details of the Heading to Hoenn Mega Raid Day in Pokémon GO:
- Date and time: Saturday, December 3rd, 2022, at 2 PM – 5 PM local time.
- Mega Pokémon debuts:
- Mega Sceptile will be released and will know the Community Day Charged Attack of Frenzy Plant when caught during event hours.
- Mega Blaziken will be released and will know the Community Day Charged Attack of Blast Burn when caught during event hours.
- Mega Swampert will be released and will know the Community Day Charged Attack of Hydro Cannon when caught during event hours.
- Increased Shiny chance: Normally, when Mega-capable Pokémon is encountered, it has a Shiny rate of approximately one in 60. While Niantic does not specifically say what the Shiny rates will be during Heading to Hoenn Mega Raid Day for these Pokémon, historically, Raid Days have consistently used a Shiny rate of approximately one in ten.
- Extra raid passes: Spinning Gyms will get you five extra Raid Passes. These are in-person, standard Raid Passes.
- Event exclusive ticket: For $5 USD, Trainers who purchase a ticket will enjoy the following bonuses from 2 PM to 10 PM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022. These bonuses include:
- Six extra Raid Passes from spinning Gyms for a total of twelve.
- Increased chance of a Rare Candy XL drop
- 50% more XP from Raids
- Double Stardust from Raids