Do you want to shop on Amazon in a different language or from a different locale? You’ll have to change your settings. This guide will explain how.
We don’t need to explain what Amazon is—it’s the number one shopping destination for online users across the globe. With so many customers in so many countries, it’s not a surprise that you can tailor your Amazon shopping experience to the language and location that suits you best.
You can change the language on Amazon if you live in a multilingual household or need to switch to a language that you know best. Amazon offers several languages to choose from, but the languages available to you will depend on your locale.
If you’re unsure how to change the language on Amazon, follow the steps below.
How to Change Language on Amazon
Each Amazon site provides region-specific sites with its own set of local languages. For example, if you’re in the United States, you’ll have English, Spanish, and Deutsch, but an Amazon customer in India will see Hindi and other local languages.
To change the language on Amazon:
- Open the Amazon website in your web browser and sign in.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click the flag icon underneath your current language choice.
- Hovering your cursor over the flag will give you options for other languages and locales—click one of the available options to switch to that language.
- If you don’t see the option you’re looking for, click the Change country/region link instead.
- Press the dropdown menu in the Website (Country/Region) section.
- The dropdown will display several more languages and regions that you can use.
- Choose the language you want, then press the yellow Go to website button.
- A new tab will open with the language and region you select.
- When the new tab opens, it will display in the language you want to use with Amazon. For example, here we set the website to Español.
How to Change Language in the Amazon Mobile App
You can also change your Amazon language using the mobile app on Android, iPhone, and iPad devices. The steps to do this are largely the same across all mobile platforms.
To change the language on Amazon using your mobile device:
- Launch the Amazon app on your phone or tablet and sign in if you aren’t already.
- Click the menu icon in the lower-right corner.
- Scroll down the list of items and tap the Settings menu.
- Tap Country & Language from the list of options.
- You’ll find a list of region-specific Amazon sites on the following screen. Tap the one you prefer from the list.
- After choosing the language and locale that you want to use, tap the Done button.
Using Amazon Prime Features
The ability to change the language on Amazon isn’t a Prime benefit, but it’s excellent for foreign visitors and multilingual households as it allows you to shop on Amazon in your preferred language.
If you are an Amazon Prime member, check out these Prime benefits you’re probably not using. Benefits of a Prime subscription include a lending library with 800,00 titles, free streaming music, credits for no-rush delivery, and much more.
In addition, it includes Prime Video, which also has features you’re not using. Benefits like downloading content for offline viewing and using a Fire tablet as a second screen device. Prime Video allows you to subscribe to additional services through its service.
Had enough of your Amazon subscription? You can cancel subscriptions for Amazon Prime at your discretion at any time.