Going by the title, these are the kind of questions that might pop up in your mind –
- Why should I convert a Word document to a PDF format?
- How would converting a Word document to PDf benefit me?
- Why use PDF instead of Word?
Let’s quickly have a look at a few reasons why you may want to convert a Word file into a PDF document –
- PDFs are visually more appealing and more professional looking.
- Word documents often lose their formatting when opened on a different computer or device. Take, for example, the table of contents
- PDF files take up lesser space as compared to Word documents.
- PDFs offer more security – you can add passwords, restrict what content can be accessed, etc
- You get better searchability – you can quickly look for whatever you want.
How To Convert Word To PDF On Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7
1. Using Microsoft Word
The first method discussed doesn’t require you to install any third-party applications. You can convert your Word documents to PDF file format using Microsoft Word, and here are the steps to do so. You might need a dedicated PDF manager to merge several PDFs, add passwords, and add PDF pages. We will discuss a tool mentioned below –
- Open the document in Microsoft Word.
- Click on File.
- Click on Save As.
- Select a location where you want to save the PDF.
- Click on Save as typedropdown and select PDF as shown in the screenshot below.
Remember the PDF management tool we were discussing? A PDF management software like Advanced PDF Manager offers a straightforward interface with the help of which you can do a lot of tasks –
- Split PDFs into different pages.
- Multiple views to review PDFs.
- Protect your PDFs using a password.
- Add or remove pages.
- Merge several PDFs into one.
- Reorder pages of your PDF by dragging them left or right.
- Rotate PDFs and change their orientation.
What did I like About This Tool?
I like the neat interface of Advanced PDF Manager. I could find the various options to manage my PDF and didn’t have to search for them. After I converted a Word document to PDF, I wanted to add another PDF and password-protect it. These were the simple steps I followed –
- I opened the document by clicking on Open.
- Then, I selected the PDF that I wanted to work on.
- To add another PDF, I clicked on the Add PDF As you can see, there are two PDFs.
- I selected the pages I wanted to add to another PDF and dragged them to whichever position I wanted.
- To password-protect the PDF, I clicked on the Protect option and added a password.
2. Use Google Docs To Convert Word To PDF
As an alternative to Microsoft Word, many of us use Google docs as a word processor to pen down thoughts and other textual or visual content. Google Docs also offers an easy way to change word documents to various formats, including PDF. Here are the steps to save your Google Doc as a PDF.
- Open the document in Google docs.
- Click on File.
- Click on Download and select PDF Document (.pdf).
3. Use A Third-Party PDF Editor
You can use a third-party PDF editor like EaseUS PDF Editor to convert Word to PDF on Windows. Apart from letting your convert files to PDFs and vice versa, there are several other features that one such utility offers, which we’ll discuss a little later.
- Download, install and run EaseUS PDF Editor.
- Click on + Create from the top.
- Click on From File.
- Select the Word document you want to convert to PDF and click Open. Depending on the size of the Word document, it might take some time to open.
- Click on File > Save As.
- Click on Save.
You will now be able to save your PDF file to a location on your PC.
What Other Features Does EaseUS PDF Editor Offer and at What Price?
- Convert PDFs to a variety of file formats and vice versa.
- Basic PDF editing features such as adding editing text, adding images, etc.
- Insert, delete, extract, reorder and rotate pages.
- Crop PDF pages.
- Create and customize forms and much more.
Please Note: The free trial offers limited features, and a watermark is included. The monthly plan starts at $23.96/month. For more info on pricing, you can visit this page.
4. Convert Word to PDF Online
Various online platforms can help you convert your Word files to PDFs. One such platform is Smallpdf.
- Visit Smallpdf word to PDF converter.
- There are multiple ways you can choose Word files that you want to convert to PDF –
- Click on the Choose Files button to select the Word files from a location on your computer.
- Click on the down arrow key to choose files from a specific location on your computer or from Dropbox/ Google Drive.
- You can drag and drop Word files.
Please Note: With the free trial, you can convert only one file/per day. You can opt for a 7-day free trial during which you will be able to access all the tools, including unlimited conversion or batch conversion.
- Click on Download File to initiate the conversion process.
Now that we have enlisted some of the best ways to convert Word files to PDF on Windows do let us know in the comments section below which is your preferred method and why? And, if you found this post helpful, share it with your friends who might be looking for a similar solution.
We regularly come up with posts that can help you troubleshoot all your issues pertaining to tech and even open you to a wonderful world of applications and software. So, stay tuned and stay safe.
Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.