The Arbalest is a ranged weapon that functions as a crossbow in Valheim’s Midland update. Arbalests also feature decent Pierce and Knockback damage, thus making it a good pick for boss fights. That said, here’s our guide on how to make an Arbalest in Valheim.
How to make an Arbalest in Valheim
To make an Arbalest in Valheim, you need 10 Iron, Eight wood, and four Roots. You will also need to make a Black Forge and upgrade it to level two. After making the Black Forge, you can access it to make an Arbalest using Iron, Wood, and Rotos. That said, before making an Arbalest, you must gather the required resources. Luckily, you can find the resources you need in most biomes, such as the Meadows and the Swamp biomes, but to find for other resources, you must slay certain enemies. Here’s where you can get all the required resources to make an Arbalest in Valheim:
- Where to get wood in Valheim – You can find and get wood by chopping down trees in the Meadows biome.
- Where to get iron in Valheim – Players can get the 10 Iron by smelting down Scrap Iron into Iron ore that they can get inside sunken crypts in Valheim. Note: You will need a Swamp key to get inside sunken Crypts in Valheim.
- Where to get Roots in Valheim – To get Roots in Valheim, you must slay Abomination creatures that roam the Swamp biome.
- How to make a Black Forge in Valheim – To make a Black Forge in Valheim, players need the following materials:
- Ten Black marble
- Ten Yggdrasil Wood
- Five Black Cores
- Ten wood
- How to upgrade a Black Forge in Valheim – To upgrade a Back Forge in Valheim, you must place a Black Forge Cooler next to it. You can make a Black Forge Cooler with the following resources in Valheim:
- Five Iron
- Five Copper
- Four Black Copper
How to upgrade an Arbalest in Valheim
To upgrade an Arbalest in Valheim, you must have both a Black Forge and Black Forge Cooler placed. With both crafting buildings in place, you can upgrade the Arbalest by accessing the Upgrade tab inside the Black Forge and clicking on the Arbalest. Upgrading will also require resources, and here are the full resource requirements to upgrade the Arbalest in Valheim:
All Upgrade Resource Requirements for the Arbalest in Valheim
|Two||Four Wood, Four Iron, One Roots|
|Three||Ten Wood, Eight Iron, Two Roots|
|Four||15 Wood, 12 iron, Three Roots|
Fully Upgraded Valheim Arbalest Stats
A fully upgraded Arbalest will have the following stats listed below:
- Weight – 1.5
- Durability – 200
- Pierce – 209 (52-115)
- Block armor – 3 (3)
- Block force – 0
- Parry bonus – 1.5x
- Knockback – 210
- Backstab – 3x
- Movement speed – -5% (Total +9%)
For more on Valheim, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with guides like How to play the Valheim Mistlands Update Public Test and Valheim: Mistlands Gameplay Trailer shows new features.