Iron Gate has released a brand new update for Valheim that adds crossplay support. This basically means that when the game comes out on consoles, PC gamers will be able to play with them. Furthermore, Linux and Windows players can now play together.
The game’s September 27th Update also packs minor network optimization for in-game hosting. As such, it will be less demanding for the host when other players are in the game at the same time.
Speaking of Valheim, we also suggest trying the following mods. There is a mod that adds The Witcher 3’s Geralt, Ciri, Triss & Yennefer to the game. Moreover, there are mods that overhaul magic, reduce grinding, remove boss healing and allow you to auto-pick items. There are also mods that add bears, lockable doors, airships, and runestones. Let’s also not forget this mod that adds a Hardcore Server Mode. And lastly, here is an HD Texture Pack that you can download.
As always, Steam will download this patch the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Valheim September 27th Update Release Notes
- Added Crossplay support
- ‘Manage saves’ GUI added so that it’s easier for players to restore/remove saves & backups
- Minor network optimization for in-game hosting (Less demanding for the host when other players are in the game at the same time)
- ‘Join Game’ tab has been updated. Players can now add favourite servers, and see if a server is running, and if they support crossplay or not.
- Players can now use the parameter ‘-crossplay’ while running Dedicated servers to support crossplay. When using this parameter, the backend will be running Playfab instead of Steamworks. (A ‘Join code’ will appear when you join a Dedicated server supporting crossplay. Players can use this code to join the server. This Join code is regenerated whenever the server is restarted.)
- A new branch, “default_old”, has been added, where you can play on the previous Steam version of the game in case your server hasn’t been updated yet (Steam might need a restart for the branch to show up)