Third-party developers had new Microsoft Flight Simulator add-on assets and a release to share today, while Microsoft launched a new update.
We start with the update, which is designed to correct some of the outstanding issues left by Sim Update 9.
The download is a simple ~350 MB download on the Windows Store or Steam (or on Xbox, of course), with no follow-up once you launch the game. It’s numbered 184.108.40.206 and includes the following
- Fixed various crashes on the world map
- Fixed crashes affecting airports that have a beacon but no runway (BIKF for example)
- Fixed simobject data request creation process preventing Flight sim gear peripherals from working
- Fixed a crash in vector placement during back to main menu
- Fixed LOD streaming in vector placement in the Scenery editor
- Fixed windshield flickering when the render scale is not set to 100%
- Fixed CGL updating loading order to ensure custom CGL files are loaded correctly
- Fixed ATC Azure TTS goes silent while in gameplay
- Fixed crashes about SimConnect message reception after being closed in WASM
Next, we get a single but juicy screenshot of the McDonnell Douglas DC-10/KC-10 Extender by Aero Dynamics, showing one of the engines.
The aircraft is going to be freeware, and you can follow its development on the developer’s Discord server.
Next, Orbx released new screenshots of the recently-announced Podgorica Airport (LYPG), serving the capital city of Montenegro.
Last, but not least, Aerosoft and Aviation-Sim-Design released Emden Airport (EDWE) in Germany.
You can purchase on Aerosoft’s store for €10.20.
- The HeliService hangar doors open at 7 a.m. and close at 6 p.m.
- Static helicopters are taken out of the hangar shortly after 7 a.m. and parked on the apron. At 5 p.m., the two helicopters are pulled back into the hangar
- An excursion boat is sailing on the “Trecktief Canal” between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- 5 animated cars drive to the airfield at different times and park around the site in predefined parking spaces
- An animated analog clock is located in the Heliservice hangar, tower and terminal
- The HeliService crew bus arrives at the apron at 8 a.m. and returns to the hangar at 4 p.m. in the afternoon
- Animated flags are located in front of the HeliService hangar as well in front of the catering restaurant “Haase” (the flags are dependent on the wind direction)
- There are some hay bales distributed on and around the airfield area, which are open in the month of August and stacked in a heap in the month of September
- The people at the terminal or at the restaurant/terrace depend on the time of day, as well as the day of the week, and always change differently, so that there is a high degree of variety
- A transporter is animated on the apron between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- The parasol of the terrace will open at 11 a.m. There will be also party guests with party lights (best visible in the evening) on the terrace from 3 p.m. till 11 p.m.
- The entrance and exit door as well as the TV in the terminal are animated (the TV plays a text in a loop)
- The weather station at the HeliService hangar is animated depending on wind direction and speed
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is already available for Windows 10 and Steam, and Xbox Series X|S.