New monsters, armor, skills, weapons, and more have been added. There are also new quests, story elements, and Afflicted Monsters.
Capcom’s third Title Update for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is now live for PC and Nintendo Switch. It adds three new monsters – Chaotic Gore Magala, Risen Kushala Daora, and Risen Teostra. The Follower system also allows them to accompany you on Master Rank and Anomaly Research Quests.
Update Ver.13.0.0 is also available and adds new story elements to go with the Risen Elder Dragons and Chaotic Gore Magala. The Anomaly Research Level and Anomaly Investigation Level caps have been raised, and players will encounter a “wider variety” of monsters during the latter. In addition to new weapons, armor, layered equipment and skills, the armor upgrade level cap is also higher now.
Qurious Weapon Crafting now allows for upgrading the Shelling Level for Gunlances, and two armor augment types have been added to Qurious Armor Crafting. There’s also a new Melding Pot type with Melding – Aurora. For more details, check out some of the notes below and full patch notes here.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Patch Ver.13.0.0
New Story Elements
- A new monster has been added and will appear in Gathering Hub quests.
- New afflicted monsters and new Risen elder dragons have been added to the game.
- New quests have been added.
- The cap for Anomaly Research Level has been raised.
- The level cap for Anomaly Investigations has been raised.
- A level adjustment feature has been added for Anomaly Investigations.
- A wider variety of monsters now appear on Anomaly Investigations.
- New weapons, armor, layered equipment, and skills have been added.
- The level cap for armor upgrades has been raised.
- Qurious Weapon Crafting now includes an option for upgrading gunlance shelling levels.
- New skills have been added to the pool of potential skills available during Qurious Armor Crafting.
- Two armor augment types have been added to Qurious Armor Crafting.
- A new melding type has been added to Melding Pot: Melding—Aurora.
- New prizes have been added to the Market’s lottery.
- New trinkets and hanging scrolls have been added.
New System Elements
- Followers can now accompany you on more types of quests.
- New options have been added for Followers that allow you to customize their Wyvern Riding and item use behavior. These can be accessed under Options → Game Settings.
- New Guild Card titles have been added.
- A new Badge of Heroes has been added.
- Steam achievements have been added for the awards introduced in Ver. 188.8.131.52.
- Support for NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) has been added. When using an NVIDIA RTX graphics board, you can now enable NVIDIA DLAA from the “Anti-Aliasing” options.
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments
- Great Sword: Fixed an issue where using a True Charged Slash (chained from a Strongarm Stance successfully) to explode a Large Barrel Bomb would result in more explosion damage than intended.
- Sword & Shield: Applying Destroyer Oil now also restores some sharpness (in addition to its current effect).
- Sword & Shield: Fixed an issue with the timing of chaining a Rising Slash into a Roundslash, where using the button assigned for a Roundslash would mistakenly chain into a Lateral Slash or Shield Attack instead.
- Dual Blades — Spiral Slash: Attack power slightly increased; elemental scaling slightly increased.
- Dual Blades: Fixed an issue where the hellfire from Hellfireblight would stay on the player instead of transferring to the ground after using Spiral Slash too close to the targeted monster.
- Dual Blades: Fixed an issue where the correct voice lines would not play when using Spiral Slash.
- Dual Blades, Hammer: Fixed an issue where the skill Intrepid Heart would not properly activate if you were hit right after the Dual Blades’ Shrouded Vault move animation finishes, or if you were hit right as the Hammer’s Water Strike animation begins.
- Hammer — Dash Breaker: Attack power has been slightly increased. Also, performing a charge right before Dash Breaker ends will start you at max charge instead of continuing from your previous charge level.
- Hammer — Silkbind Spinning Bludgeon: Attack power increased; elemental scaling slightly increased.
Hunting Horn: The Sharpness Extension melody effect now also restores some sharpness upon activation.
- Gunlance — Ground Splitter: Effect duration increased; Wirebug Gauge recovery speed increased.
- Gunlance — Hail Cutter: Wirebug Gauge cost changed to 1; Wirebug Gauge recovery speed changed to Medium.
- Gunlance — Ground Splitter: Fixed an inconsistency between the player animation and the duration of the blowback negation and damage reduction effects that would occur after successfully hitting a monster with Ground Splitter.
- Gunlance: Fixed an issue where the forward movement of Bullet Barrage would cause Large Barrel Bombs and Mega Barrel Bombs to explode at unintended times.
- Gunlance: Fixed an issue with the timing of chaining a Lunging Upthrust into a Quick Reload and finally an Overhead Smash, where using the button assigned for an Overhead Smash would mistakenly chain into a Shelling instead.
- Insect Glaive — Awakened Kinsect Attack: Adjusted the attack power values for each number of extract colors consumed, as below: – One Extract Color: Attack power slightly increased – Two Extract Colors: Attack power slightly increased
– Three Extract Colors: Attack power increased
- Heavy Bowgun — Crouching Shot: Adjusted as follows: – The recovery speed of the overheat gauge has been increased. – Overheat duration has been decreased. – Normal Ammo 1–3, Pierce Ammo 1–3, Flaming Ammo, Water Ammo, Freeze Ammo, Thunder Ammo: The interval between rapidfire shots has been decreased, and the total number of shots has been increased.
– Dragon Ammo, Piercing Dragon Ammo, All Status-Effect Ammo Types 1–3: The interval between rapidfire shots has been decreased.
- Heavy Bowgun: Fixed an issue where the skill Intrepid Heart would unintentionally activate after a counter is successfully triggered when taking a hit during the crouching portions of Counter Charger or Counter Shot.
- Reduced some of the issues involving certain weapon sound effects not playing correctly when too many other sound effects play at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where the skill Redirection would prompt a chat log message even if the skill effect has not been triggered, which could happen when hitting a Lampsquid or other endemic creature while performing a Switch Skill Swap.
- Fixed an issue where the effect durations for Gourmet Fish and Immunizer could be unintentionally overwritten by shorter effect durations (like from the skill Wide Range).
- Fixed an issue where receiving a blowback hit when you are afflicted with Hellfireblight and have a blowback negation effect active would cause all subsequent Hellfireblights to explode even when receiving hits that wouldn’t cause blowback (the intended behavior is that only blowback hits would cause the Hellfireblight explosion).
- Nintendo Switch: Fixed an issue introduced in Version 12.0.1 where the icon for Defense Down would sometimes display at incorrect times.
- Steam: Fixed an issue introduced in Version 184.108.40.206 where the icon for Defense Down would sometimes display at incorrect times.
- The color flashing effects of different parts of the health bar have been made easier to tell apart when the Bleeding status is active.
- Fixed an issue where curing the Frenzy status activated by the skill Bloodlust with an Antidobra would ignore the size of your red health gauge and restore more health than intended.