National Cookie Day is just getting started. To celebrate this special holiday, many pastry shops and other restaurants are offering freebies that you can enjoy.
(Photo : Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
Traditional, home-made Christmas cookies lie on plates in a household on December 21, 2010 in Berlin, Germany. Christmas cookies are an intrinsic part of Central European Christmas tradition and are usually baked at home according to recipes passed down through generations.
National Cookie Day happens every 4th of December every year. This holiday is not only for cookie lovers; it can also be enjoyed by people who love pastries.
If you are among these individuals, then here are the pastry shops and restaurants celebrating National Cookie Day.
National Cookie Day 2022 Freebies
CNET provided a list of pastry shops and restaurants participating in National Cookie Day:
(Photo : Photo credit should read JOSH EDELSON/AFP via Getty Images)
Vegan cookies are seen on display at Just headquarters office in San Francisco, California on May 4, 2018. – Just, who develops vegan products, recently started to work on a new kind of meat based on animal cells. (Photo by JOSH EDELSON / AFP) / TO GO WITH AFP STORY by Juliette MICHEL: “Existential debate in US food industry: What is meat?
Also Read: Top Ice Cream Machine for National Ice Cream Day 2022 | Where To Find Free Ice Cream Treats?
- Great American Cookies (offers the BOGO cookie or 20 bonus loyalty points to loyalty members)
- DoorDash (offers $40 off shipping on orders over $40 starting on Dec. 12)
- Real Cookies (offers 25% off online orders from Dec. 4 to Dec. 10)
- Lenny & Larry’s (offers 25% off protein-rich cookies, such as the Boss, the Complete Cremes, and the Complete Crunchy Cookie)
- Nick’s (offers $5 off any Cookie Kram Bundle order on Dec. 4)
You can click this link to see more discounts and freebies.
Cookie Fun Facts
Of course, your National Cookie Day celebration would be incomplete if you don’t know any fun facts about this sweet treat.
BuzzFeed provided some fascinating facts about cookies, such as the following:
- Chocolate chip cookies were invented by Ruth Wakefield back in the 1930s. Her invention was actually a mistake since Wakefield was expecting the chocolate in the dough to melt.
- Chocolates on cookies have less cocoa butter, allowing them to retain their shapes when baked.
- The largest chocolate chip cookie in the world weighed more than 18,000 kg.
- Bruce Willis purchased 12,000 Girl Scout cookies from his daughter. He sent them to troops in the Middle East.
- The cookies that the Cookie Monster eats on “Sesame Street” are only painted rice cakes.
Best Cookie Makers
If you want to celebrate National Cookie Day by making your own cookies, then you need to have a cookie maker.
Buttercream Bakeshop provides some of the top cookie makers that you can rely on:
- Clear Gun Kit Cookie press (budget friendly)
- Marcato Atlas Deluxe Biscuit Maker Cookie Press (best overall cookie maker)
- Cuisinart Electric Cookie Press (best cookie maker for thick dough)
Recently, we also wrote other special holiday stories, such as about National Vlogging Day and National Coffee Day.
For more news updates about lifestyle stories, always keep your tabs open here at TechTimes.