Users need to update to OxygenOS 13 Open Beta version manually.
OnePlus has now announced the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta program for the OnePlus 10R in India. The brand has already rolled out the Android 13 Open Beta update for several smartphones including the OnePlus 10 Pro, OnePlus 9 Pro, and the OnePlus 9. OnePlus took it to the OnePlus Community forum to make a formal announcement for the same. As per the announcement, the OnePlus 10R and the OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition users in India can now upgrade to Android 13 based OxygenOS 13.
The latest iteration of the OxygenOS skin comes with several changes including an all-new aquamorphic design. OnePlus has also added a few new features to increase multitasking efficiency. let us take a closer look at what the new update has in the store for the OnePlus 10R users.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta: Changelogs and Features
Aquamorphic Design • Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort. • Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid. • Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon. • Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones. • Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions. • Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience. • Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive. • Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find. • Optimizes fonts for better readability. • Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
Efficiency • Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe. • Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps) • Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience. • Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing. • Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized. • Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default • You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
Personalization • Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations. • Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy • Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots • The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy. • Optimizes Private Safe
• The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing • Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space. • Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta: Installation Procedure
Switching to the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta is fairly simple, users need download the Open Beta firmware for their device and copy the downloaded file into the phone’s storage. Post which, they need to enable developer mode under Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times.
After enabling the developer mode, users can head over to Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Extract -> Upgrade to update their device to Android 13.
Readers must note that they must have updated their OnePlus 10R to A.07/A.08 firmware versions. Whereas, the OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition must have updated devices to A.06/A.07/A.08 firmware versions. OnePlus 10R users can click here to download the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta firmware. Whereas, the OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition users can download the firmware by clicking here.
OnePlus 10R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta: Known Bugs and Issues
Along with the complete changelogs, OnePlus has also published a list of known bugs and issues. OnePlus says that users will encounter abnormal camera operation while using 50MP mode after installing the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta on the OnePlus 10R. Also, SuperVOOC 150W text will not be fully displayed while charging the OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition. Take a look at the list of known bugs and issues.
• Abnormal camera operation when using 50M mode. • When the device is removed from the ear during a call, the screen will turn light slowly. • When opening an App that requires a password to open, the device’s screen will flash. • After the phone is charged with SuperVOOC 150W, the saved charge time will not be displayed. (OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition)
• During charging, “SuperVOOC 150W” on the lock screen is not fully displayed. (OnePlus 10R Endurance Edition)