Speaking of wall outlet extenders, there are hundreds of options available which can lead to choice overload. In this roundup, we help you simplify the decision-making process by highlighting some of the best wall outlet extenders on the market. But before that, here’s what to look for in a wall outlet extender.
What to Look For in a Wall Outlet Extender
If you’re in the market looking to buy a good wall outlet extender, here are some of the key features to consider:
- ETL Listed: “ETL Listed” certified wall outlets offer overload protection, short-circuit protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection, and overheating protection.
- UL Listed: “Alternative, some products are “UL Listed.” UL Listed” products have been tested and verified to meet UL standards for safety. It assures you that a product is safe, properly designed, and manufactured to high standards.
- Surge Protection: The best wall outlet extenders often come with built-in surge protection. Always look out for the surge protection Joule rating. The higher, the better.
- Number of Outlets: When shopping for wall outlet extenders, go for ones with outlets corresponding to the number of devices you own at a minimum. More with USB ports is even better.
- Wattage, Voltage, and Amperage: Keep an eye on the wattage (W), voltage (V), and amperage (A) ratings of the wall outlet extenders. Ensure they’re suitable for your devices.
Best Overall: Philips SPP3461WA/37 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
- ✓ 6-in-1 with space-saving design
- ✓ 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, 1,875Watts
- ✓ Super lightweight, compact, and portable
- ✗ No USB support
- ✗ Outlet spacing unsuitable for bulkier adaptors and plugs
- ✗ Starts pulling out of socket when weighed down
The Philips SPP3461WA/37 Wall Outlet Extender is a versatile 6-in-1 wall outlet extender by Philips. Easily one of the best wall outlet extenders by a long stretch, each outlet features three prongs for all your two and three-pin AC adaptors. Rated 1,875 Watts, 15 Amperes, and 125 Volts, it also doubles as a 900-Joules surge protector and comes with an LED indicator.
As a charging station, it is ideal for powering your laptop, smartphone, tablet, Bluetooth speakers, and gaming console, among others. Measuring 6 x 8 X 2 inches and weighing just 0.01 ounces, it is compact, lightweight, and portable. The Philips SPP3461WA/37 Wall Outlet Extender is ETL listed, and easy to install and use. It is available in white, black, and gray.
Philips SPP3461WA/37 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
Built by a world-renowned brand, the ETL Listed Philips SPP3461WA/37 Wall Outlet Extender turns your two outlets into six.
Best Budget: GE Home Electrical 56575 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
- ✓ Budget-friendly
- ✓ Space-saving three-sided design for bulky adaptors
- ✓ Adaptors fit well, don’t pull out easily
- ✗ Extender may not sit well on the wall leaving a gap
- ✗ Not suitable for light switch-controlled outlets
Although wall outlet extenders are generally low-priced, the GE Home Electrical 56575 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender still ranks as one of the best budget wall outlet extenders. UL listed, this three-prong extender’s three-sided design provides easy access to three bulky adaptors and three standard plugs. It has an integrated circuit breaker and a reset button.
You can temporarily plug it into a duplex outlet or screw it permanently using a mounting screw. Thanks to its white finish, it easily blends in and complements your interior. Measuring 7.25 X 4.6 x 2.25 inches and weighing 0.01 pounds, it’s also compact, lightweight, and portable. It is rated 120 Volts and can easily power your smartphones, laptops, lamps, etc.
GE Home Electrical 56575 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
The GE Home Electrical 56575 6-in-1 wall outlet extender is budget-friendly and does the job.
Best Premium: Addtam AD5004B 5 Outlet Extender With 4 USB Ports
- ✓ Premium look and feel with three-sided design
- ✓ 5-in-1 AC outlets plus 4-in-1 USB ports
- ✓ Built-in 1,800 Joules surge protection with LED indicator
- ✗ Stability pin struggles to fit into GFCI outlet
While budget items are affordably priced, premium items are often pricey because they prioritize quality. As one of the best wall outlet extenders, the Addtam AD5004B 5-in-1 Outlet Extender is our top pick for the best premium category. This 5-in-1 wall outlet extender is three-sided with five AC outlets, three USB-A, and one USB-C charging port.
ETL listed, this 3-Amperes wall outlet extender has a surge protection rating of 1800 Joules and is made with fire-resistant casing. It measures 5.79 x 3.78 x 2.72 inches and weighs 9.6 ounces. It has adequate spacing between outlets to prevent plug overlap, is wall mountable, and easy to install and use. This robust power splitter is multi-purpose and efficient.
Addtam AD5004B 5 Outlet Extender With 4 USB Ports
The Addtam AD5004B 5-in-1 Outlet Extender is a premium yet affordable ETL Listed top performer.
Best With Shelf: Mifaso 9-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
- ✓ Top-shelf extension for docking phone
- ✓ 6-in-1 AC outlets with 3-in-1 USB ports
- ✓ 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, 1,875Watts, 490 Joules surge protection
- ✗ Large phones won’t fit in shelf
- ✗ Center mounting screw, not suitable for side-mounted screw outlets
If you’re looking for a wall outlet extender with extended functionality, check out the UL listed Mifaso 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender With Shelf. As the name implies, it is a 6-in-1 wall outlet extender with a top shelf that doubles as a charging dock for your phone, tablets, and other mobile devices. It has six AC outlets, one USB-C, and two USB-A ismart charging ports.
Like the other best wall outlet extenders on this list, the Mifaso also comes with built-in surge protection of up to 490 Joules. It is rated 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, and 1,875 Watts; the same specs as the Philips 6-in-1 wall outlet extender above. It has an LED surge-protected indicator, is fireproof up to 1382 degrees Fahrenheit, and comes with built-in cable management.
Best With Shelf
Mifaso 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
The Mifaso 6-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender features a useful top-shelf extension.
Most Outlets: Addtam AD5008 12-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
- ✓ Wall mountable 12-in-1 AC outlets with 3-in-1 USB ports with center mounting screw
- ✓ 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, 1,875Watts, 490 Joules surge protection
- ✓ Compact three-sided design, super easy to install
- ✗ No cable management feature
When it comes to outlets, the ETL listed Addtam AD5008 12-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender is easily the one with the most. It has 12 AC outlets, two USB-C, and one USB-A charging port. It also offers three-level surge protection (TVS, MOV, GDT) of up to 490 Joules, overload protection, short-circuit protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection, and overheating protection.
It is equally rated 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, and 1,875 Watts, measures 6.89 x 3.98 x 2.83 inches and weighs 0.83 pounds. It features a space-saving design as well as a top phone holder that both serves as a charging dock and a kickstand. With this, you can be charging your smartphone, cooking, and still be able to watch or record a TikTok video.
Addtam AD5008 12-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
Give it to the Addtam 12-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender, it holds the record for the most outlets; the perfect wirecutter.
Best With Night Light: POWLIGHT HR-519E 5-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
- ✓ 5in-1 AC outlets with 4-in-1 USB ports
- ✓ Smart night light with dusk-to-dawn sensor
- ✓ 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, and 1,875 Watts with1,680 Joules surge protection
- ✗ Night light a tad too bright when fully exposed
- ✗ Somewhat weighty
Most people prefer to charge their devices at night after a long day. If this is you, how about you do it in style? With the POWLIGHT 5-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender, you can charge all your mobile devices at night as usual but with extra lights. If you also sleep in the dark, its smart night light (with Dusk-to-Dawn sensor) can double as your night lamp and emergency phone locator.
The POWLIGHT 5-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender is ETL listed and also shines in terms of specs and performance. This 5-in-1 three-sided extender comprises five AC outlets, three USB-C, and one USB-A charging port. It also provides three-level surge protection of 1,680 Joules and features an LED surge-protected indicator. It is also rated 15 Amperes, 125 Volts, and 1, 875 Watts.
Best With Night Light
POWLIGHT HR-519E 5-in-1 Wall Outlet Extender
The POWLIGHT 5-in-1 is perfect for use in the dark when you need to locate the outlet, or as a night lamp.