December 1 Update Blizzard
Warcraft III: Reforged hasn’t received any new patches in a while, so it was refreshing to see when Blizzard dropped Update 1.34.0 recently. This patch brought two notable features, the ability to form clans and the new automated player reporting system.
Clans Are Here
Players can now form or join clans in Warcraft III: Reforged. The Clan option is found in the game’s social tab.
Clans have four distinct ranks, the Peon, Grunt, Shaman, and Tauren Chieftain. The last two are considered the main officers of the group, which means they can do certain things that others can’t, including the ability to kick, promote, or ban unruly members.
Just like in any game with a clan system, clans will have a unique channel where members can chat with each other.
Additionally, player profiles have been updated to now display one’s clan, rank, and clan tag.
Automated Reporting System
Players can now use the new automated player reporting system to report those who have been acting inappropriately.
People can now report others for the following offenses:
- Foul language
- Inappropriate or offensive content
- Clan Name
- Clan Tag
- Clan Description
- Clan Message of the Day
- Clan Chat
- Game Name
- Gameplay Sabotage
- Added Join-by-Name functionality.
- Players can join games by typing in the game name in the text box at the bottom of the Custom Game list.
BUG FIXES and IMPROVEMENTS
- Matchmaking backend processing has been improved for team games.
- Added an information screen that explains ranked play in-game.
- This can be accessed via the “I” icon in the Versus menu.
- Chat refreshes properly when switching accounts.
- Improved right-click context menu consistency to support Report Players, Invite to Team, and Invite to Clan.
- Added a notification indicator on Social button when you receive a request.
- Various visual improvements to ranked badges.
- Various visual UI/UX improvements to the Leaderboard.
- Player Profile can now be accessed from the main menu and single-player screens.
- Player battletag numbers are now visible everywhere.
- Visual improvements to the match history screen.
While it’s good that Blizzard is still adding new features to Warcraft III: Reforged, there is an issue with the recent patch that the company needs to fix. The issue in question has something to do with clan invites. More specifically, players would sometimes be unable to invite others because they’re confronted with an error stating that the invitee is already in a clan, even though they were not.
Warcraft III: Reforged Update 1.34.0 is available on PC.