Ahh, Twitter. Gone are the days of applying for and failing to get verification for unspecified reasons, with Musk’s vision of Twitter Blue you can now sign up and pay your way to a verified tick. And from today onwards, you can even do so via the official Twitter for Android app so long as you don’t mind ponying up $11 a month for the privilege.
If you sign up for Twitter Blue on the Twitter website you’ll be asked to pay $8 monthly or $84 annually. You’ll need to cough up a further $3 monthly if you sign up using the Android or iOS app, to offset the commission taken by the store payment systems.
What do you get by subscribing to Twitter Blue?
Well, you get the blue tick on your personal account once your account has been confirmed to meet all requirements, and the following features are listed below:
- Bookmark folders: Bookmark Folders let Twitter Blue subscribers group and organize Bookmarked Tweets into folders for faster discovery later. Twitter Blue allows you an unlimited number of bookmarks and Bookmark folders which are always private.
- Custom app icons: With Custom App icons, you can change how your Twitter App icon displays on your phone. Choose from several color options. Check your settings regularly for new featured looks available for a limited time.
- Themes: Twitter Blue Themes let you choose from colorful options for your app theme.
- Custom navigation: This feature lets you choose what appears in your navigation bar, so you get quick access to the content and Twitter destinations you care about most. You can select at least 2 and up to 6 items to keep in your bottom navigation bar or restore to default if you change your mind.
- Top Articles: Top Articles is a shortcut to the most-shared articles in your network. This feature automatically lists the most-shared articles from people you follow—and people they follow, too—so you can easily find the type of content you want to read.
- Reader: Turn long threads into a more beautiful reading experience. We’ve designed Reader to let you enjoy your threads with less noise. Turn the Reader feature on when you tap the reader icon at the top of the thread or use it to change your text size.
- Undo Tweet: Undo Tweet gives you the option to retract a Tweet after you send it, but before it’s visible to others on Twitter. It’s not an edit* button, but a chance to preview and revise your Tweet before it’s posted for the world to see. Once the Undo period is over, the Tweet is viewable to your followers and you can either leave it or delete it like you normally would on Twitter.
- Prioritized rankings in conversations: This feature prioritizes your replies on Tweets that you interact with.
- Longer video upload: Share more content with your followers. Twitter Blue subscribers can upload videos up to ~60 minutes long and up to 2GB file size (1080p) (web only).
It should be noted that you can only sign up for Twitter Blue from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand.
Is it worth it?
That’s entirely up to you. Are a blue tick, fewer ads, editable tweets, and the ability to change the app icon worth subscribing to Twitter Blue for $8/$11 a month to you? Let us know in the comments below.