Are you a Google Calendar user but don’t know how to add a Google Calendar to your iPhone? Or, do you juggle between multiple ecosystems which results in you missing important events and appointments? If these problems sound familiar, don’t worry. We’re going to share 3 different ways to add a Google Calendar to your iPhone. Let’s have a look at those methods.
Table of Contents
1. Add (Subscribe) Google Calendar to Apple Calendar App
If you’re a teacher or a professional you, might need to add your Google Calendar on someone else’s iPhone. Maybe you don’t want to sign in to your Google account on your iPhone for some other reason. In that case, let’s take a look at the steps for how to add a Google Calendar without using login credentials.
Pros: No need to share credentials, syncs all events of the calendar perfectly.
Cons: Can’t add or edit events from iPhone (it’s a read-only calendar), needs one more device apart from iPhone to set up (a laptop to open the web version of Google Calendar).
1. Open Google Calendar on your laptop in your choice of browser.
2. Place your cursor over the calendar you want to add and tap on the kebab menu (three dots).
3. Click on Settings and sharing.
4. On the Settings page, scroll to Integrate calendar section and tap on the copy icon next to the “Secret address in iCal format”.
5. Now send that link to the person’s iPhone. If you want to send this yourself, you can use WhatsApp to message yourself and then copy it on your iPhone.
Now for the next part, we need to paste that link to iPhone’s Calendar. Let’s move on to that.
6. Open the Calendar app on your iPhone, and tap on Calendars to begin.
7. Tap on Add Calendar.
8. Now tap on Add Calendar Subscription.
9. Paste the copied URL in the “SUBSCRIPTION URL” text field and tap on Subscribe.
10. Review the Google Calendar and tap on Add.
11. Tap on Done to confirm. Now the Google Calendar has been added to the Calendar app on your iPhone.
2. Add Google Account to Your iPhone
Maybe you use multiple devices and you want to view and edit your Google Calendar events on each of them including your iPhone. In that case, let’s take a look at how to add a Google Calendar by adding a Google account to your iPhone.
Pros: Syncs all the events, can add and edit calendar events from iPhone also.
Cons: Needs credentials (of the related Google account).
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
2. Scroll down and tap on Calendar to begin.
3. Tap on Accounts.
4. Tap on Add Account.
5. Now tap on Google.
6. Type your email and then tap on Next.
7. Now type in your password for your Google account and tap on Next.
8. Grant iOS permission for your Google Calendar, tap on Allow.
9. On the next page, tap on Save.
10. Tap on Done to confirm adding of Google Calendar to your iPhone.
3. Install Google Calendar App on iPhone
If you are an Android user who uses Google Calendar a lot then you might not like the two methods mentioned above. In that case, you can also add a Google Calendar by installing the Google Calendar app on your iPhone.
Pros: Full Google Calendar experience, can add or edit events from iPhone also, syncs across devices.
Cons: Doesn’t show in the Apple Calendar app (only visible in Google Calendar app).
1. Go to App Store and install Google Calendar on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to the Google Calendar app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
3. Tap on Add a Google Account.
4. A pop-up menu will appear on the screen, tap on Continue to proceed further.
5. Type your email and then tap on Next.
6. On the next page, enter your password and tap on Next.
7. Tap on Get Started to finish. Now you’ve successfully added a Google Calendar on your iPhone via Google Calendar app.
Do More With Google Calendar
In a nutshell, adding a Google Calendar to your iPhone is a quick and easy process. Whether you choose to use the built-in iPhone Calendar app or the standalone Google Calendar app, we’ve shared the steps for both. By following the above-mentioned steps, you can add a Google Calendar to your iPhone in three different ways. Go ahead and try the newly added Google Calendar to your iPhone and become a pro in managing your schedule.
Are you having trouble syncing the Google Calendar on your iPhone? Learn the 9 ways to fix Google Calendar not syncing on iPhone.