Pentiment is a medieval story adventure game available on PC and free to play with Xbox Gamepass. Experience this historically-driven story as the character Andreas Maler, an artist who becomes entangled in a dangerous conspiracy. It’s up to you to pave Andreas’ story by choosing his backgrounds, piecing together puzzles, and choosing his words carefully. Your choices and how you treat specific NPCs will affect your fate on your journey. One character, in particular, you may want to earn favor with is Baron Rothvogel. You will have to act appropriately in each interaction with him to do so.
How to make Baron Lorenz like you in Pentiment
Your choices of action and dialogue are essential in each step of your Pentiment journey. You will want to pay close attention to how you treat others and when you should side with them. Dialogue that is noted as “remembered” will affect the consequences and future of your story. You can either fail or succeed in specific actions or favors with characters based on your choices.
Screenshot by Pro Game Guides
With the Baron, you will want to be sure not to offend him but rather treat him with respect and side with his preferences at every possible moment. Interactions with the upward arrow are situations you handled well. Whereas the downward arrow suggests, he was disappointed with your choice. Even if you manage to please him with two choices, they won’t be enough to make him like you later on. These are all the actions you will want to complete to gain his favor:
- Accept his invitation to walk with him and chat when meeting him on your way to the abbey. Act honored and appreciative of his invitation.
- Agree with him his views of Martin Luther and express an interest in the topic while walking with him to the abbey.
- Address him respectfully as “My Lord” in the Scriptorium rather than by his first name.
- Remain silent in the Scriptorium when asked to join them for supper instead of trying to decline the invitation due to prior plans.
- Debate with him the views of Martin Luther during supper despite the abbot’s distaste for the subject.
If you can earn his favor, his manservant will state this to you when speaking with him outside the Guest House. The bar will be filled, and your relationship with him will positively or negatively affect the story going forward. Keep an eye out for how you earn more NPCs’ favor in the future, as this is a crucial part of your adventure.
Looking for more Pro Game Guides Pentiment content? Check out our guides on Best ways to gain positive favor with NPCs in Pentiment or How to solve Ferenc’s Volvelle Puzzle in Pentiment!