- Hyundai Motor, Kia, and Genesis brands recognized with eight product awards and three overall brand awards in 2023 Newsweek Autos Awards
- 11 accolade haul follows eight wins for Hyundai Motor Group brands in the 2022 Newsweek Autos Awards
- Newsweek Autos Awards showcase the best products and brands in the industry
- Accolades affirm Hyundai Motor Group’s strategic vision to lead the creation and delivery of innovative, customer-centric, sustainable global mobility solutions
Hyundai Motor, Kia and Genesis have clinched a total of 11 accolades in the 2023 Newsweek Autos Awards. This achievement builds on the success of the 2022 event, where Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) brands earned eight wins.
Hyundai Motor was recognized as the winner in two categories. The Hyundai Santa Cruz was named as the ‘Best Small Pickup,’ while the brand itself was selected as the ‘Best Brand for Your Buck’ for the second time in a row. This latter distinction underscores Hyundai’s impressive blend of high product quality and its generous offering of premium features across its entire range of models.
Kia amassed a remarkable total of eight honors, receiving an award for ‘Most Innovative Vehicle Brand,’ a testament to the brand’s forward-thinking approach, and for the ‘Best SUV Lineup’. Individual vehicle awards further emphasize Kia’s strong performance. The Kia Carnival, for the third consecutive year, was crowned the ‘Best Minivan.’ The Kia Seltos earned the titles of ‘Best Small SUV’ and ‘Most Improved Vehicle,’ while the Kia Sportage was named the ‘Best Two-Row SUV,’ following the model’s ‘Editor’s Pick’ win in 2022. The much-anticipated Kia EV9, which is expected to arrive in US dealer showrooms in Q4 2023, was recognized with the ‘Best Premium SUV’ and ‘Best SUV Interior’ awards.
Now in its third year, the Newsweek Autos Awards continues to highlight the industry’s standout vehicles and brands, recognizing brand lineups based on the Newsweek editors’ findings on packaging and price. Vehicle interiors are evaluated against all models in the category, with experiential testing covering comfort, style, materials quality, layout, seamlessness of technology display and use, unique features, overall visual appeal, and sound deadening efforts.
Individual vehicle honors are awarded based on how each model compares to its competition in regard to physical features and packaging, which accounts for 60 per cent of the evaluation. The remaining 40 per cent of the score is attributed to driving impressions. Eligibility for premium and luxury vehicle categories is determined by price point and positioning within the market, ensuring that the vehicle meets the required criteria.