Earlier this week, Google launched Android 13 during its I/O developer conference and released the Android 13 Beta2 beta version for Pixels. Meanwhile, a slew of other Android device makers has announced their own Android 13 betas or developer previews. HMD Global has now announced that you can now test it out with the Nokia X20. It’s worth noting that HMD is calling this a developer preview, not a beta, so the new version may leave a lot to be desired.
If you want to try it too, you can now go through the “My Device” app on the Nokia X20, find the support interface on the bottom banner, and then find the Android 13 developer preview down. After you pass the IMEI check Registered for Android 13 DP, you can commence the application. Nokia will release the new version over the air within 12 hours after a successful application and registration.
Of course, after the application is successful, you can also manually check the update yourself, and you will receive the update in about 20 minutes. Specifically, you can go to “Settings > About Phone > System Update” to check.
There is a pre-installed customer feedback app in the Android 13 DP version, through which you can report problems you find. If you need to roll back to Android 12, you can also request through My Devices.
Nokia X20 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, up to 450 nits brightness, 82% NTSC Color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11
- 48MP (64MP in X20) rear camera with LED flash, ZEISS Optics, 5MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, OZO Audio
- 8MP (32MP in X20) front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 168.94 x 79.7 x 9.1mm; Weight: 210g (X10) / 220g (X20)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4470mAh (typical) battery with 18W charging
Android 13 system comes with the all-new Google Wallet, which supports boarding, concerts, vaccination cards and other tickets in addition to payments. Later this year, a “Security and Privacy Settings” page will be added. One location collects all key data privacy information and is designed to encourage Android users to address any security concerns that may arise. Android 13 also allows users to set the system language on a per-app basis. This is also helpful for multilingual users who rely on different languages in different situations.
In Chinese, Featured Image Source